*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Are You Staying Hydrated?
If you do than that’s awesome, High Five!
If you not sure if your staying Hydrated, then you probably have at least a few of these symptoms;
- Increased Thirst
- Muscle Cramps
- Dry Skin
- Feeling Tired or Sleepy
- Dry Mouth
- Dark Colored Urine
- Poor Concentration
How Important Is It To Stay Hydrated?
It’s Very Important! Staying Hydrated is vital to a healthy and well functioning body and mind. Kids are at a greater risk of dehydration than adults so always keep them topped up!
Every cell, tissue and organ in your body needs water to function properly. Your body also needs water to remove waste from the body, lubricate joints and to maintain body temperature and the production of digestive enzymes.
Staying Hydrated also maintains healthy skin and hair and helps your body absorb essential vitamins and minerals and who doesn’t want great skin and hair?
Staying Hydrated is critical for electrolytes and thinning out your blood as well as helping anxiety and depression.
Many People Are Dehydrated and Don’t Realise It!
It’s true…. a lot of people theses days are Chronically Dehydrated and don’t even realise it.
Scary thought isn’t it?
What If I Don’t Stay Hydrated?
Not staying Hydrated can leave the body open to all types of virus’s because they are much better suited to living in a dehydrated body, which allows them to thrive and make us feel a lot worse and yukky.
Not staying Hydrated can also cause a whole other bag full of problems including thickening of the blood which in itself leads to numerous health issues non of us want. Over an extended period of time you could end up with some major health issues, which could be avoided by staying hydrated.
How To Stay Hydrated
Let me start by saying the quality of the water you drink is very important. Even traces of chlorine in the water you consume can be extremely dehydrating so choose a good quality drinking water.
Now let me ask you how many fresh raw fruits and vegetables do you consume on a daily basis?
Good quality raw fruits and vegetables are a great way to to help you stay hydrated.
Here is a list of some hydrating fruits and vegetables you can include in your diet:
By using these fruits and vegetables in your daily diet you can make a huge difference to staying hydrated each day. It’s so easy!
Easy Tips To Say Hydrated
- Cucumber juice is incredibly hydrating. Juicing a few cucumbers, to drink alone or to add to other juice, has huge benefits. I add cucumber to my water bottle almost everyday 🙂
- Lemon is also great in a water bottle, I use this one, and great to add to a variety of foods like squeezing over a salad or adding a slice to a herbal tea.
- All sorts of chopped raw vegetables are a great way to make a salad, for snacking on, as a side dish or even as a meal…. remember to add some lemon juice too!
- Fruit salad is always a hit…. why not make a big container and leave in the fridge to have for a quick breakfast or throw some in a tub for a snack on the go? These are a great idea and easy to use.
- Coconut water is great for staying hydrated too and so easy to drink! It’s my go to if I’m feeling thirsty or on the run 🙂
- A lunch bag is great! I love this idea to stay organised and keep it all together 🙂
These are just a few quick ways to stay hydrated and to get you started but I would love to hear your tips too!